The music industry presents recording artists and composers with significant legal challenges. In order to protect our clients’ rights and preserve their artistic freedom, it is essential that we often act as “general counsel” handling all transactional matters. The Hay Law Group helps songwriters, musicians, and producers navigate the complexities of the music industry such as securing copyright protection, negotiating recording contracts, and ensuring royalty payments.
Our experienced firm is familiar and knowledgeable of all aspects of music and entertainment law including:
- Artist Recording Contracts
- Music Publishing Agreements
- Music Licensing Agreements
- Album related agreements including producer agreements, songwriter-split agreements and featured artist agreements
- Live performance, appearances, and tour agreements
- Merchandising Agreements
- Sponsorship, Endorsement and Branding Agreements
- Soundtrack Agreements
- and more!